Friday, May 28, 2010

Fishy Friday

We know there's no such thing as 'Fishy Friday' but it had a good sound to it, and we could tell you about another of our favourite foods.
It's Sardines in Oil. Our groomer (before Alph bought the clippers) suggested that as our skin was a bit dry, we should have some sardines in oil once a week. You gotta love someone like that who dispenses that kind of advice!

We just love them. Kendra and I used to share a tin on our dry food. It could be one of the reasons we had to go on the Weight Control kibble. Now with Bella, we each get a third. We can always smell the sardines when the tin is opened and become very excited. Kendra cries. Bella jumps up on Alpha's legs to try to hurry her up. I wait patiently.
Then we just put our heads down and eat. Kendra inhales hers, Bella is close behind, because Kendra tries to intimidate Bella to get hers, too. I eat slowly and growl if they get too close. It's the only time we lick our bowls for a long time. Then we exchange bowls to see if anydog was careless and left a smiggin of oil--not that that ever happens.
Sardines are divine!



13 comments:

  1. I luvs the sound of Fishy Friday! Happy Fishy Friday! We gets salmon oil on our foodies but I might have to talk to mom about actual real sardines. That sounds deeee-vine!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds deeee-lightful! I'll ask my Mom for some of that fishy!
    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sardines eh....Have you ever tried playing the game? All Scotties get into one place and the hoomans have to find us.

    We do bowl swapsies too and because Bonny is such a 'powerful little animal' I have my tea in different room as her, so she cant steal my food.

    Still lovin' yer pics!

    H
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daisy, Kendra and Bella,
    I miss you guys a lot. You have missed a bunch of my posts, you know. I don't want to lose you guys!!! Did I do something wrong???
    Love you three, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sure looks good. I may have to sepek to my mom about the fish ordeal. My cousins here in Texas get turkey with their kibble.

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! Fishy Friday.. We've never had sardines in oil. Maybe we can talk M into letting us try it. Thanks for visiting us & voting.
    Tailwags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm, your fishy friday sardines thingie sounds really really tasty, miss daisy! me and asa kinda know how you feel about it. once a week, usually on wednesdays, me and asa get salmon and sweet potato mixed into our kibble. it is so so so good. we snarf it all down, and then we go to each other's dish to check for leftovers just like ya'll do. heehee!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi girls,

    We love sardines! The vet recommended it for Calvert when he wasn't eating well and for me because I have such dry and allergy prone skin and it seems to do the trick.

    We get them on Saturdays, isn't it the most delicious food you've ever had... Mom also gives us flax seed oil in our food for our coat.

    Well enjoy your Fishy Friday, just remember... it's okay to eat a fish but not to smell like one. hehehe

    Paws-out
    N&C

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have never had sardines before! We're going to ask mom if we can give them a try once a week too!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisy, what year computer do you have?? Mine is a 98. I feel your pain!!! The last 8 or 9 days it has been so bad I stopped blogging 5 days. I did get around to some blogs to leave comments but not like I would have liked. Today my computer has been fine too. It's doing everything it is suppose to do slowly, but doing it!! Computers!!!
    Thanks for your visit!!!!
    XXOO, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all look very shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love sardines and salmon - but Mom has to give it to us when Dad isn't home - he fusses about the smell.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    PS - Tell Alpha the honeysuckle is blooming in VA and the lightening bugs are out. Is she homesick yet??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nom nom NOM!! We LOVE sardines too - drooooolllll! :) Drooling schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete